Ever since we started making buffalo chicken pizza I just can’t seem to get enough of buffalo chicken dishes.
This soup is very unique, so much so that I don’t even know how to describe it. It’s like chicken noodle soup meets buffalo chicken. It’s good. Try it.
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots or a handful of baby carrots cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium stalk of celery, diced
- 1 tsp ranch dressing mix
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth (I add 3 to start with)
- ¼ cup hot sauce*
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Heat butter in a large pot and saute the onions, carrots, celery and garlic until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add cilantro, ranch mix, pasta, broth, hot sauce, cheese, and chicken. Simmer for 20 minutes or until orzo is al dente.
- Serve with green onions, blue cheese crumbles and more fresh cilantro.
Inspired by: Running to the Kitchen Buffalo Chicken Soup with Orzo