I was craving toffee the other night and tried to find this recipe on my blog and was shocked to find that I had never shared it! (and yes, I use my own blog as a recipe binder, quite frequently)
This recipe is quick, easy and very addicting. You’ve been warned.
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup semisweet morsels
- Lightly grease a 9 inch cookie sheet. Sprinkle ½ cup pecans over the cookie sheet and set aside.
- Coat the top 2 inches of a 2½ quart glass bowl with butter. Place the remaining butter in the bowl along with the sugar, salt, and water. Do not stir.
- Microwave sugar mixture on high for 9-11 minutes, or until mixture begins to turn light brown. (keep an eye on the mixture, it changes color quickly)
- Pour sugar mixture over pecans on prepared cookie sheet. You can smooth it out with a spoon if it isn't spreading evenly. Sprinkle chocolate morsels across the top of the sugar mixture and let stand for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, spread morsels over the sugar mixture and sprinkle with ¼ cup pecans.
- Chill until firm.