We debated over whether this was a pie or a cake. Either way it is delicious! And super easy to make, which is a win win in my book!
This could be a fun and easy alternative for cranberries at Thanksgiving. It calls for almond extract, which I love (especially added to icing).
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a pie dish with non-stick spray.
- In a LARGE bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, cranberries, and pecans. Mix the dry ingredients together, coating the berries.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Pour the eggs, melted butter, and almond extract into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pie dish and bake for 40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes (if you can!).
- Serve plain or with a scoop of ice cream! Enjoy!
Recipe from: Use Real Butter
Just make sure you mix it up in a big bowl! I almost had flour all over the kitchen.