These were really yummy and loaded with lots of sugar. The best kind of yummy.
- 1 box yellow cake or butter cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter until well blended. Reserve ⅔ cup of this batter.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread remaining batter into this pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In the same mixing bowl, stir together reserved ⅔ cup batter, syrup, dissolved sugar, 2 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour filling on top of crust and cook at 325 for 40-50 minutes, until set in the center.
- Allow to cool (if you can) before serving.
Adapted from: Southern Plate Pecan Pie Cake