Here is a recipe to help use up all that fresh summer zucchini. These were really good. I think putting a glaze on top or adding dried cranberries would be delicious! Since they are zucchini muffins, you can pretend like you are eating healthy. 😉
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg or allspice (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ½ chopped walnuts (optional, you could also add chocolate chips or raisins)
- Lightly spray muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with wrappers. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together. Add sifted ingredients to the mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan or on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Adapted from several recipes.
The ninja chopper “grated” the zucchini in about 30 seconds. That’s how I like it!