I love our crock pot risotto recipe, but I forgot to start it before I left for work the other night. I still wanted risotto, but I needed it fast and without having to stand at the stove stirring for an hour. Then I found a recipe for oven risotto! Brilliant!
Below is my recipe, compiled from several different ideas and suggestions. It was delicious!
- ¾ cup arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- ¼ white wine
- parsley or basil (optional)
- parmesean (optional)
- cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a dutch oven or cast iron skillet with a lid, melt the butter and stir in the rice. Cook until rice begins to turn translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add in chicken stock and put the lid on the pot.
- Cook in oven, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in white wine and seasonings (salt, pepper, parsley, parmesean, cream).