I haven’t made meatloaf in about 3 years. So I learned a few things, like the beef needs to be really lean, the breadcrumbs need to be thick (like panko or homemade crumbs) and veggies are good.
I also cooked some fresh corn, and thanks to this video it was super easy! The corn was perfectly steamed to eat afterward too. And no silk left!
- ¾ lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (panko works best)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (makes a really sweet sauce)
- ½ tablespoon mustard (I like dijon)
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, green pepper, milk and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Recipe slightly adapted from: Allrecipes Meatloaf