I love getting fancy coffees from places like Starbucks. They are so good!
vanilla latte = vanilla syrup + espresso + steamed milk + milk foam
For fun I’ve tried to recreate a vanilla latte without all the fancy expensive equipment. Part 1: Vanilla Syrup
This part of the recipe is really easy and simple, and can be made ahead of time. (It would also make a fun gift to a coffee lover.)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ - 1 tsp of vanilla (I used vanilla bean paste, extract is fine too)
- Boil the water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer mixture over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and refrigerate the mixture.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of syrup per cup of coffee.
- This keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge.
Check back later this week to see part 2: How to Steam Milk with a Mason Jar