I love sugary drinks, like a vanilla latte or chai tea. They are just so yummy! They are a special treat I get to indulge in when traveling or meeting a friend for coffee.
I discovered a few tricks this week that might make having a vanilla latte not just a $4 special treat, but something that I can make at home. I also can do it with things I already have at home…so I don’t have to go out and buy an expensive espresso machine or milk frother.
Today is Part 2: Steamed Milk with a Mason Jar
- ½ cup milk (skim, whole, etc)
- small jar with a lid
- Fill jar with milk (you fill the jar with how much you normally drink in your coffee, just don't fill the jar more than half full).
- With the lid on, shake the jar for 30 seconds. Milk will be frothy and double in size.
- Remove lid and microwave for 45 seconds.The foam will rise to the top of the milk.
- Pour the milk into your coffee, using a spoon to hold back the foam. Spoon the foam on top!
Fill jar with desired amount of milk.
Pour milk into espresso or coffee and scoop milk foam on top.
Enjoy your creation!
Check out part 1 if you missed it: Vanilla Coffee Syrup