I found a new homemade detergent recipe. The only additions are oxiclean and baking soda. All of these are supposed to be safe and natural ingredients (just make sure you get OxiClean Versatile FREE). Plus, homemade detergent is really cheap (about 5 cents per load).
This recipe makes a ton! Almost 2.5 gallons worth of detergent. So it will last a long time at 1-2 Tablespoons per load.
I mentioned in the notes below, but I love using these purex crystals. They make our laundry smell so good!! Some people add 2 bottles directly into the recipe below, but I prefer to add them directly to the washer.
- 1 4lb box of Borax
- 1 4lb box of Baking Soda
- 1 3.4lb box of Super Washing Soda
- 1 3lb box of OxiClean Versatile Free or Oxo Brite
- 2 bars of soap (castille, Dr. Bonner's, or homemade)
- Grate the soap (you can use a food processor or microwave for this step).
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Use 1-2 Tablespoons per load.