I was making this french toast at 5:30 in the morning, so my mind wasn’t thinking about taking pictures or measuring. It is also on paper plates because I was making it for Den’s staff who had been up all night. So bear with me!
A friend recently suggested adding a little greek yogurt to my french toast recipe. I thought it was a great suggestion because one, it sounded delicious, and two, greek yogurt adds a lot of protein to a meal. So I tried it! I didn’t actually eat any of the toast since I gave it to everyone else, but they all said it was yummy.
Next time I might try leaving out the milk and adding more greek yogurt. I also might try different bread. I think the right bread can make the recipe over-the-top good. My friend also suggested adding in blueberries…so I might try that too. So many possibilities! I love recipes that can be altered and adjusted over and over again. They are so fun!
- ½ cup of skim milk
- ¼ cup of greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 T of cinnamon
- a little butter for the skillet
- ~6 slices of bread (depending on thickness)
- Beat the eggs, milk, yogurt and cinnamon together in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Melt a little butter in the skillet.
- Dip both sides of the bread slice in the egg mixture and place in the hot skillet. Cook each side for about 2 minutes before flipping. They should be a nice golden color.
- Serve with syrup, fresh fruit and a little powdered sugar sprinkled over the top.