We made carnita pizza with our leftovers from last week. This pizza was so good we had it two nights in a row! No joke.
So glad I have a pizza stone now. It really makes the crust have a nice crisp.
- 1/2 recipe for homemade pizza dough
- leftover carnitas (more or less meat to your taste)
- red onion, diced
- queso fresco
- cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 recipe for adobe chili sauce (we doubled the recipe and used the extra sauce for dipping)
- Roll out the pizza dough on a silicon mat sprinkled with a little cornmeal.
- Spread the adobe chili sauce over the dough, in a nice even layer. Sprinkle on red onion and pork. Top with queso fresco and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
- Serve with more adobe chili sauce for dipping and fresh cilantro sprinkled across the top.
Notes: You can also brush the crust with olive oil, garlic and adobe sauce, and then circle the adobe chili sauce across the cooked pizza to have a pretty garnish/finish.