These tequila fish tacos were scrumptious. The marinade and adobe sauce really made the tacos. I wish I had one right now.
You can see our taco assembly line below. Homemade tortillas, asian slaw, adobe sauce, cheese, red onion, fresh cilantro and jalapenos.
- 5-6 tilapia fillets
- 1 oz tequila
- ½ lime, squeezed
- ½ lime, zested
- margarita salt (kosher or sea salt would also work)
- Pour tequila and lime juice over fish. Sprinkle lime zest and salt across each fillet.
- Let tilapia marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Grill until fish is white and begins to flake.
- Serve fish on homemade tortillas with adobe sauce (recipe below), asian slaw (see picture below), cheese, freshly chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapenos.
Below is the adobe sauce. We had the leftover sauce on sandwiches and it was delicious. I think sauces can really make a dish over the top good.
Chipotle Chili Adobe Sauce2 chipotle chilis in adobe sauce 1 clove garlic 1 tsp lime juice, freshly squeesed zest of half a lime 1/2 cup mayonnaise (we have done half plain greek yogurt and half mayo…still really good) 1 Tbsp milk (to help thin the sauce, use more or less as needed) 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
In a food processor combine all of the ingredients. Serve on fish tacos, mixed in with asian slaw mix (see photo below) or spread on sandwiches or burgers.
In case you don’t know what asian slaw is:
This is an asian salad kit, but we didn’t use the toppings or dressing mix included. You could make your own by shredding some cabbage and chopping up a few carrots. We tossed the slaw with a little adobe sauce for the fish tacos.
Check out where I am linking up to here!