Another cranberry recipe!
This is one of those recipes you feel healthy and good about yourself after enjoying. It was simple to make and quick to throw together. My verdict is still out on whether or not I prefer oatmeal baked or cooked on the stove. The stove top version is so good! This is definitely a close second if not first, and a nice change to the breakfast routine. I recommend serving this with a dollop of whipped topping or greek yogurt on the top. Mmm!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- whipped cream, greek yogurt or maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8 x 8 square baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flax seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- In a second bowl, whisk together honey, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Pour milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon, making sure all of the ingredients are evenly mixed. Fold in the cranberries and apples.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with syrup or yogurt and enjoy!
Adapted From: Jelly Toast, Baked Oatmeal | Cranberry Apple Cinnamon