Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it! How crazy is that? I thought these peanut butter balls would make a perfect valentine’s gift for someone special. They are always a huge hit and are simple to make. Warning! They are addicting! My dad and I kept sneaking one (or two) out of the fridge over the Christmas holidays. He and I share a love for my mom’s peanut butter balls.
Plus you only need 5 ingredients!
1 stick of butter, 1 jar of peanut butter, 1 package of powdered sugar, 1+ bag of semisweet chocolate chips, and paraffin wax. The paraffin wax is sold in the grocery store near the canning jars.
- 1 stick of butter or margarine, softened
- 16 oz jar of peanut butter
- 1.5 lbs powdered sugar
- 16 oz of semisweet chocolate chips
- paraffin wax
- Using your hands, combine the butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar to create the filling. Add the powdered sugar slowly, using more or less as needed.
- Once the peanut butter filling is ready (it should be easy to shape and not too crumbly), roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Once the cookie sheet is filled, place in freezer.
- Using a double boiler melt the chocolate and paraffin wax. For the paraffin wax, just shave off a small amount from the block. (You can test to see if you have enough by dipping a spoon in the chocolate and setting it aside to cool. The chocolate should set with a matte sheen.)
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and using a toothpick dip each ball into the chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. You can use the back of a spoons to cover the holes created by the toothpicks. Once the cookie sheet is full place balls in the freezer to set.
- Remove from freezer and store in a container in the fridge. Enjoy!
You can wrap up several in valentines paper to give as gifts.
Or eat them all yourself!