2 dozen cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup + 1 T light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 T white chocolate, melted
3/4 cup pecans toasted and chopped fine
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt onto wax paper. Set aside until needed.
3. Place butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl of a large mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes, until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, then continue to beat on medium 2 minutes longer, until very smooth.
4. Add the egg, beating on medium for 1 minute and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and beat on medium for 1 minute.
5. Stop the mixer and add the melted white chocolate. Beat on medium for 1 minute, until mixed. Gradually,
using low speed, add the sifted ingredients, followed by the pecans and chocolate; mix for 1 minute. Use a rubber spatula to finish mixing the dough.
6. Using 1 heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets.
Source: This recipe is from Dennis’s grandmother.