Who doesn’t like chips and salsa?? We sure do.
I have been looking for a good recipe for a while. I found a recipe on pinterest (of course) and decided to try it out on Den’s staff this week. There was none left at the end of the night…I think that means it was a success. So I made more. It seriously only takes about 5 minutes to throw together. Really easy.
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes (I drained off the excess liquid because I like my salsa chunkier)
- 1 (10oz) can Rotel (I drained off the excess liquid because I like my salsa chunkier)
- ½ small onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ -1 jalapeno**
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
- juice of 1 lime
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. When salsa has reached desired consistency and all the ingredients are finely chopped it is ready.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed. Serve with chips!
Another thing to note…make sure you have a food processor larger than 3 cups, or it will need to be made in 2 batches. Mine is a 3 cup food processor, and it started leaking out of the top at one point.
Source: Quick and Easy Salsa by mountain mama cooks