These are a little unconventional, but well worth trying. I haven’t made them myself yet, but I definitely will soon. I wish I could describe the flavor, but just trust me, you should try them (even if you don’t like sweet potatoes).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans of kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- creole seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans and sweet potatoes; mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- Divide filling evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet. Spray with a little non-stick spray and sprinkle creole seasoning across the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.