Last night, we had this chocolate mousse for dessert. Or maybe I should say we attempted to have this for dessert. It was so rich and creamy neither of us finished ours, but oh I tried.
I must say, it was DELICIOUS!
Chocolate MousseServings: 2 large (4 small, 3 perfectly sized) ; )
- 1 + 1/2 Tablespoon of water
- 1/3 cups or 3.5 oz of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (I mixed semisweet chocolate chips with part of a very rich dark chocolate bar)
- 2 eggs at room temperature, separated
- pinch of kosher salt
- Cool-whip for topping
1. Heat chocolate and water in a bowl over a pan with simmering water until the chocolate is just melted.
2. Let the chocolate cool.
3. Separate the eggs. Put the egg whites in one bowl and mix the egg yolks in with the room temperature chocolate.
4. Whisk the egg whites and salt with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Then fold into the chocolate mixture.
5. Place in serving dishes and top with cool-whip and/or chocolate shavings.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Recipe from: Annie’s Eats, Chocolate Mousse